Friday, June 8, 2012

End of Year Reflection – Greatest High School Obstacle

An obstacle that has a hold on me is having  a bold approach to the judge about an important issue. When my sister and I were in a foster home in Ramona my Freshman year, it was hard to talk about the things that carried on around the house. My foster mom would get out of hand with a slight drinking issue every now and then. We decided that we couldn't handle it anymore, and that the verbal abuse and the fact that we took care of her while she was under the influence was not okay. The judge asked us questions and we answered them honestly, or our thoughts were brought to the judge. When the drinking toned down a little bit, we felt more comfortable around our surroundings and less stressed. This past experience helped me become more mature and smart on how I should approach certain situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment